Things to Do in Daytona Beach
- Best Vacations Ever
- Best Vacations, Best Vacations Ever, Best Vacations Ever Travel, BVE complimentary accommodations, Cheap Travel, Free Disney Activities, Free Disney Activties, Going rogue to save money on travel, How to Save Luggage Space, How to Save Money with Holiday BVE Travels, Hundreds in Holiday Savings with BVE and PGR, Legitimacy of BVE Promotional Travel, Legitimate BVE Bank Charges for Your Vacation, Legitimate BVE Promotions, Uncategorized
Daytona Beach is known as “The World’s Most Famous Beach”, making it undoubtedly a must-visit destination for your Best Vacation Ever. There’s a lot more than the beach, however, that makes this city so popular for spring breakers, couples and families alike. Best Vacations Ever has compiled a list of our 10 favorite things to do in Daytona Beach, and we think you’ll enjoy them as well!
- Go for a spin on the sand– One thing about Daytona Beach that makes it so famous is that you can take a cruise down the coast in your vehicle on the beach. For $10 per day, Best Vacations Ever seekers can get driving access to almost 16 miles of the beach. There are 16 access points to get onto and off the beach by vehicle, and a one day pass allows you one exit and reentry for the day.
- Fuel your inner speed-demon – If driving a NASCAR around a world-famous racetrack sounds like one of your Best Vacations Ever, you’ll want to take part in the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Daytona International Speedway. There are three different driving packages to choose from, ranging in price from $549 for the Rookie Experience of eight laps around the 2.5-mile track, all the way up to $2199 for the Experience of a Lifetime for 24 laps. A more budget-friendly option is the Ride Along for $135 which will get you three laps around the track as a passenger.
- Head to the park – Not just any park, but Daytona Lagoon – a fun park and water park combined! If you want to enjoy a bit of nostalgia on your Best Vacation Ever, hit up the 70+ game arcade. Those seeking some action can play a round of laser tag, take a few laps in a go kart, or try your skill at the rock climbing wall. After the indoor fun head to the water park where you can zip down 12 water slides or cool off in one of the pools. Admission is $29.99, or you can save 50% by going after 4pm (except Wednesday).
- Go treasure hunting – Daytona Flea & Farmers Market is the mecca of awesome finds, and you’ll be hard-pressed to leave without buying something that you never knew you needed after spending any amount of time here. From rummaging through diamond-in-the-rough antiques, to visiting endless booths with brand new items and fresh produce, you’ll be amazed at what you will find. Best of all, it’s free – you’ll pay nothing for parking nor admission.
- Catch a concert – The Daytona Bandshell hosts a ton of free concerts all year long. What could be better than taking in one of the popular cover bands while the Atlantic crashes against the shore behind you? Some of the acts heading to the Bandshell this summer are bands covering Kid Rock, U2, Garth Brooks, The Grateful Dead, Jimmy Buffett to name a few.
- Splish splash in the sun – Free activities always make for one of your Best Vacations Ever, and another great free Daytona Beach attraction is Sun Splash Park. Sun Splash Park is a four-acre area with an interactive water fountain, ornate walkways, and a playground shaded from the sun. The park has picnic areas, outdoor showers, restrooms, and designated parking areas for the convenience of its visitors. When you’ve had your fill of the park, walk a few yards and relax on the beach or take a dip in the Atlantic.
- Place some wagers – The Daytona Beach Racing & Card Club is the area’s premier facility to watch both live and televised Greyhound races, as well as to try your hand at various poker games. Whether you are a poker pro or a first-timer, the facilities 55-table poker room is not to be missed – it has been featured in countless nationally broadcast celebrity and professional poker games. After you’ve played a few hands, enjoy lunch or dinner at the Clubhouse where you’ll have a front row seat to the greyhound races.
- Walk the planks – A Best Vacations Ever in Daytona Beach wouldn’t be complete without a walk onto the famous Daytona Beach Pier. The pier is a Daytona Beach landmark that protrudes from Main Street 1,000 feet into the Atlantic Ocean. The best part about the pier – free fishing and no license is required! After you put your fresh catches on ice, head over to Joe’s Crab Shack (right on the pier!) to cool off with a cocktail and grub out on some food.
- Hang Ten – Continuing education is always important, so why not continue it by learning something fun?! Vast Ocean’s Surf & SUP School is the leading surf and stand-up paddle boarding school in Daytona. Each lesson is 1.5 hours in length, with an additional hour after the lesson for free practice. Board, leash and wetsuit are all included in the lesson price of $65-$90. Surf’s up!
- Retail Therapy – After a long, relaxing Best Vacation Ever in Daytona Beach, unwind a bit more by checking out the brand new Tanger Outlets Daytona Beach, where there’s always a sale and everything’s in style. Featuring stores like Polo Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Coach and Harley-Davidson, you’ll find something to take home for everyone on your shopping list.
So, what are you waiting for? Get to planning one of your Best Vacations Ever in Daytona Beach, where there’s always something for everyone to do. Start by checking out Daytona Beach lodging accommodations at BestVacationsEver.com. We’ll see you at the beach!