Looking for a little something extra this vacation? Spice up your next family vacation with a sizzling Best Vacations Ever promotional vacation to New Orleans, the home of Mardi Gras, the birthplace of jazz and the most recent addition to the Preferred Guest Resorts’ collection of preferred destinations. Jump in with both feet and explore colorful festivals like the legendary Mardi Gras festival, landmark architecture, eclectic cultures, sizzling entertainment and the engrossing history of New Orleans, the birthplace of jazz, the chief city of Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico’s busiest northern port since the early 1700s.
Explore what’s been called the most “unique city’s in the nation,” bedeviled by ingrained cultures from all over the world and several unique languages dialects that entice travelers. First founded by the French, then Spanish-ruled for 40 years and bought by the United States in the 1803 Louisiana Purchase, New Orleans is known for its distinct Creole culture and vibrant history.
Watch as eyes light up, mouths water and fingers start tapping on tabletops, and kids have a blast with close to 500 things to do in New Orleans. There’s literally something to do in New Orleans for everyone and every type of personality. Get your blood pumping with a variety of attractions and entertainment, and explore a melange of homes, from shotgun house to vintage homes and colonial era mansions in the Garden District and other prestigious areas.
Best Vacations Ever gives travelers that little some extra, also known as lagniappe, with a collection of premier accommodations located right in the heart of The Big Easy on many of the main thoroughfares like St. Charles Street, Canal Street and Royal Street, and within walking distance to The French Quarter, Harrah’s Casino, the River Marketplace and Aquarium of the Americas. Best Vacations Ever also throws in a little more lagniappe, with a Historic Inn and Brunch at the Roosevelt Hotel, a Waldof-Astoria property.
Call a travel representative at 800-656-2780 to book your Best Vacations Ever adventure to our most recent Lagniappe Destination, New Orleans, which straddles the Mississippi River New Orleans, and bask in the multiple cultures, creative characters, soulful sounds of jazz echo from The French Quarter, and enticing Cajun and Creole cuisine. Prime lodging gives you unprecedented access to all New Orleans has to offer.
What You Can Do In New Orleans:
- Attend the family friendly events, festivities and parade of Mardi Gras, the first Tuesday (Fat Tuesday) before Lent when people are fashioned in purple and gold and jumping for coveted beads and coconuts. Don’t like crowds? It’s celebrated all over town so hit the outskirts for your king cake.
- Jump on one of the famous Streetcar Lines and journey beyond Bourbon Street to the Garden district and gander at the many historic mansions.
- Dash blocks over to the French Quarter – the city’s oldest neighborhood filled with sizzling hot spots.
- Stroll the crescent curve of the Mississippi River to the River Marketplace.
- Head to the port to catch a scenic riverboat cruise to Algiers’s Island and explore its even larger community.
- Catch a game or concert at the Mercedes Benz Superdome.
- Grab an authentic Po’Boy sandwich at one of the native shacks or chow down at a popular Creole crawfish boil.
- Check out a number of out-of-the-way jazz joints to avoid the crowds.
- Find some favorite haunts off-the beaten-path in New Orleans, also dubbed The Big Easy or NOLA, and pronounced Nawh’lenz by locals.
- Visit Aquarium of the Americas and the National World War II Museum.
- Tempt Lady Luck at one of the casinos, like Harrah’s Casino, which is near many of our premier properties.
- Get your party on in uptown French Quarter or for something a little more low-key, visit the lower French Quarter, which is quiet and full of residential eye candy.
- Stop by the Ursuline Convent on St. Charles Street, which dates from 1752, and is the oldest surviving French colonial building as well as the oldest structure in the Mississippi River Valley.
- PLUS SO MUCH MORE!
Join us in celebrating Best Vacations Evers’ most recent travel destination and collection of accommodations in New Orleans. Grab your sax, an open and intrigued mind, a generous appetite and epic historical interest, and then book your next family vacation to our Lagniappe Destination, New Orleans, brought to you by Preferred Guest Resorts. For more information, download our videos on bestvacationsever.com. And be sure to ask about that little something extra when you call your Best Vacations Ever travel representative at 800-656-2780.
What is your favorite hangout, unknown treasure or hotspot in New Orleans?