Imagine a frosty beverage and a cushy lounge chair on a pristine beach as your toes dig in the warm sand….Yeah, that’s the ticket! A nearby Orlando beach trip is the perfect day trip or extended-stay to high-energy, on-the-run days spent trolling Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios Orlando® and SeaWorld Orlando® and numerous attractions. The Florida peninsula’s east and west coast beaches are as diverse as the variety of Orlando attractions. Your Preferred Guest Resorts’ travel agent can advise you of Orlando’s nearby beaches and the beach-vacation options of a Best Vacations Ever promotional package, all with free accommodations at every stop. Combo packages include 4 days in Orlando and 3 days in Daytona Beach for the ultimate Florida family vacation that includes the best of both worlds. Visit bestvacationsever.com for more information, including downloadable videos and testimonials, about these incredible beach destinations near Orlando. Call 800-656-2780 to book a Best Vacations Ever surf-and-turf trip to Orlando. Here are some of the most popular nearby beaches on the east and west coast of Florida:
4 Closest Beaches to Orlando:
1. New Smyrna Beach: Travel about 45 minutes east of Orlando to the beach well known for its natural setting and good surfing thanks to wave-producing rock jetty’s. Luring travelers of all types, this beach-living setting with a relaxing, sophisticated atmosphere pleases everyone in the family with a wide variety of activities and excellent eateries. For leisure dining day and night, try Chase’s on the Beach.
2. Cocoa Beach: About an hour from Orlando, this clean, beautiful beach features numerous family-fun activities. It’s a popular launch-watching spot, so close to must-see Cape Canaveral. Also stop by Canaveral Pier, a 900-foot wooden pier that features a restaurant and lounge complex.
3. Daytona Beach: Approximately an hour east of Orlando is the ultimate beach-city lover’s Daytona Beach community. This thriving beach city offers beachfront and kid-friendly attractions, a boardwalk and pier, attractions, an at-home feel and NASCAR’s Daytona 500 at the legendary Daytona International Speedway. NOTE: Ask about adding extended stays in Daytona Beach when you book your Orlando Best Vacations Ever package.
4. Melbourne Beach: Traveling about 1 hour, 20 minutes north of Orlando is an epitome of family beaches, with killer surfing, private beach areas, culture, hospitality, and plenty of attractions and eateries. Stop by the McLarty Treasure Museum, 10 miles south at Sebastian Inlet State Park.
5 Popular Gulf Beaches Near Orlando:
1. Treasure Island & Madeira Beaches: Travel 2 hours west, near St. Petersburg, and puddle jump from the mainland to a long, slender island strip of small beach cities, including these two favorites. They’re divided by John’s Pass Village, a causeway for boats, that’s a large boardwalk and shopping village full of casual to gourmet eateries, including fresh seafood, shops, as well as sightseeing cruises, boutiques/shops and activities. There are thrill and chill water-sports rentals and area activities the whole family will love just as much as the pristine beaches. Drive the whole strip of island cities to see amazing beach and cultural diversities, a favorite visitors activity.
2. Clearwater & St. Petersburg Beaches: Approximately 2 hours west from Orlando, near Tampa are beach traveler favorites and the phenomenally fun beach cities of Clearwater, a barrier reef island, and St. Petersburg right nearby. Old Florida permeates even with luxury shops and resorts. Every kind of water-sports activity, culture, history, fun-filled boardwalk and piers, quaint trolleys and family attractions make up these popular beach cities. Stop by Clearwater Marine Aquarium, a rescue, rehabilitation and research laboratory offering close encounters with sea rays, turtles and bottlenose dolphins like movie-superstar, Winter, which received the first prosthetic tail.
3. Anna Maria Island: Travel about 2 hours, 15 minutes west, near Bradenton, to this beach-lover’s paradise. It’s a slow-motion-style, 7-mile stretch of white sandy beach and emerald waters that’s ideal for families or romantic getaways, with pristine beaches, magnificent sunsets, numerous activities and eclectic shops amid an unpretentious atmosphere.
4. The Longboat Key, St. Armand’s Key & Lido Key Trio: Journey 2 hours and 20 minutes west to these spectacular Gulf keys that stretch between Sarasota Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Well known to beach lovers for natural settings, wildlife and as private island paradises, the close-knit trio boasts biking, water sports, shelling, golfing, fishing and shopping, like the elite retail therapy of St. Armand’s Circle.
5. Siesta Key: About 2 hours, 20 minutes west of Orlando, near Sarasota, Siesta Key is a crescent-shaped, 8-mile long barrier island that’s bustling yet relaxing. Parents love the beautiful beaches with shallow reefs and lifeguards, as well as the paradisaical tropical-rainforest and coastal atmosphere. Chain-restaurant free, dining is a wondrous experience for travelers to try local foods. Tip: Head to the recently renovated Turtle Beach where locals go to escape crowds.
So dig out your sunglasses and sunscreen, and prepare for the ultimate Florida family or couple’s beach trip. Call 800-656-2780 to your Preferred Guest Resorts’ travel agent for a Best Vacations Ever promotional vacation package with free accomodations to Orlando with day trips to nearby beaches or an extended trip that includes a stop in Daytona Beach. Your family will thank you later!
What is your favorite Florida beach?